The St. Francis Xavier Society enrolls committed individuals who, in the spirit of St. Francis Xavier, dedicate themselves to the betterment of life by endorsing an educational process that integrates the rigors of academic excellence with the light and guidance of Divine faith. As a Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School, we realize that today’s young people are precious sources of goodness and that Society members support the philosophy, values and experiences that a Catholic education at Saint Xavier provides.
The Society has been established as an organization that requires an annual gift of $1,000 or more. Since being founded in 1986, gifts from Society members have been used to fund Saint Xavier’s need-based tuition assistance program along with many other school enhancements.
Please click the button below to join or renew your membership in the Society.
Members of the St. Francis Xavier Society enable Saint Xavier to carry out its mission as a Catholic school. Quality programs in a Christian environment are continual goals of the faculty and staff. Special objectives for the St. Francis Xavier Society include:
- To fully fund the tuition assistance program which supports nearly one-third of our students. Financial aid awards range from 25% to 90% of tuition and are based on a family’s need as calculated by a third-party reviewer.
- To support special projects identified by the school’s strategic plan.
- To support the ongoing operational costs of the school (some Society members choose to have their gift used where funds are most needed).
In addition to the personal satisfaction and reward that comes from being a benefactor of Saint Xavier, members of the St. Francis Xavier Society and their families enjoy both spiritual benefits and certain perquisites.
- Members are invited to campus to attend the annual all-school Mass for the Feast of St. Francis Xavier.
- Members and their families are enrolled perpetually in the Xaverian Brothers Auxiliary and are remembered daily in the prayers and Masses of all Xaverian Brothers in America.
- Members will receive seating access at the annual commencement exercises.
- Members may secure two complimentary passes to all home football games or two complimentary seats to the annual St. X – Trinity football game and have preferred ticket and parking purchasing options.
- Members may secure two complimentary passes for any Saint Xavier home athletic event, other than football, and have preferred ticket purchasing options. Members need only contact the Office of Advancement to request tickets.
- Members will receive a copy of CommunityX, the president’s newsletter, and will receive personalized communication from Saint Xavier’s President with special information at least twice each year.
- Saint Xavier will endeavor to provide access to its educational resources and facilities to the members of the Society.
- Members are invited to be complimentary guests at our annual recognition dinner, Legacy...A Gala of Giving.
- Occasionally, members are invited to be our guests in the stadium hospitality suites for home sporting events.
- Members may secure two reserved seats to the fall and spring drama productions, as well as the Christmas and spring concerts sponsored by the music department. Members need only contact the Office of Advancement to request tickets.
The Chancellors of Xaverian Heritage
Facing an unknown future, the founding Brothers planted seeds of faith in the Louisville community, drawing strength from the Xaverian Brothers motto “Concordia res parvae crescunt - In harmony, small things grow.” With an annual gift of $25,000, Chancellors ensure that the Xaverian heritage lives on at Saint Xavier.
The President’s Council
The Head of School relies on wisdom and inspiration from trusted advisors. Members of The President’s Council hold Saint Xavier dear, and demonstrate their faithfulness with an annual gift of $10,000. Council members join the President in fulfilling the school’s mission to provide an unparalleled Catholic education for young men.
Trustees of the Founding Brothers’ Spirit
Annual gifts at the level of $5,000 embody the spirit of the Xaverian Brothers who founded St. Xavier’s Institute in 1864. In the United States for only ten years, the Brothers trusted God’s providence. “Omnia cum Deo, nihil sine Deo - All with God, nothing without God” guided the Brothers through the starkness of their material poverty. Their zeal to provide Catholic education to immigrant German and Irish children inspired them to overcome obstacles and to persevere.
Stewards of the Xaverian Educational Charism
With a gift of $2,500, a donor keeps vibrant the special spirit of the Xaverian Brothers. With this resource, St. X is able to reach out, educate and form young men, regardless of economic means, in the Catholic faith. Stewards ensure a Xaverian education experience for deserving students.
A minimum gift of $1,000 entitles the donor to the spiritual benefits and perquisites of the Society. Annually repeated gifts at this level allow Saint Xavier to realize its mission as a Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School.
Emerging Leaders Society
The Emerging Leaders Society aims to encourage and enlighten our more recent alumni about the St. Francis Xavier Society and the immense impact it has on the success of St. X. As our alumni grow into their careers and standing in the community, it is our hope that they will continue to increase their giving and philanthropy within Saint Xavier. With an annual gift of $500, our emerging leaders would be welcomed into this transitional group and presented with various opportunities to network and stay connected with our alumni base.