Guidance News - May/Summer 2013
- Stay focused and get organized for final exams. Make your fourth quarter count.
- Begin to think about purposeful summer activities such as service, camps, and academic summer programs.
- Update your Naviance resume.
- Make sure your parents are registered for Naviance.
- National programs can be found on Naviance under the college tab under enrichment programs.
- Read, Read, Read!
- Upcoming meeting with Campus Ministry – Information on Junior service graduation requirement.
- Update your Naviance Resume.
- Study for final exams.
- Consider Test–Prep class over the summer for ACT and SAT.
- Have a meaningful summer through work, programs, and service.
- A useful site for academic enrichment programs is: www.enrichmentalley.com
- AP exams will be administered to those students taking AP classes.
- Prepare early for final exams.
- Contact college admissions counselors to schedule visits this semester and during summer break.
- Investigate the requirements for admissions to the schools you are interested in attending.
- Keep updating your resume and prospective colleges on Naviance.
- Investigate applying to pre-college programs or other summer opportunities to boost your knowledge; experience life on a college campus while exploring new fields and earning college credit.
- Student-Athletes need to register with the NCAA Clearinghouse. Go to www.NCAA.org and click on “Academics and Athletes” then “Eligibility and Recruiting.”
- You are strongly encouraged-and expected-to have an ACT score before you start senior year. The next ACT, and the last one before September, will be administered at St. X on June 8 (the deadline to register is May 3). The June ACT test is especially important for athletes who are considering playing a sport in college, as it is one determining factor for NCAA eligibility in Divisions I & II, and NAIA schools.
- ACT Test Date is June 8th. The registration deadline is May 3rd. Go to www.actstudent.org to register online.
- If you are considering attending a school out-of-state, you should take the writing section of the ACT.
- Juniors are encouraged to make college visits and to stay active this summer. Find employment or volunteer. These are important items to add to your resume and application as you apply to schools next fall.
- Congratulations! We wish you the best on all of your future endeavors.