Saint Xavier High School, a Catholic college preparatory school sponsored by the Xaverian Brothers since 1864, engages young men in rigorous academic programs and extracurricular activities that foster respect, honor and service to God’s world.
ROOTED IN XAVERIAN TRADITION
In the Xaverian Brothers tradition, certain values distinguish our way of life. Simplicity, humility, compassion, zeal, and trust are aspects of the charism which animated Theodore James Ryken and which continue to distinguish the life of the Xaverian Brothers. Partners in mission and students of the Xaverian Brother Sponsored School community are called to be animated by these values as they live and work together under the protection and guidance of St. Francis Xavier and all those who have gone before us.
We believe in these Xaverian values:
SIMPLICITY • HUMILITY • COMPASSION • TRUST • ZEAL
The spirituality of the Xaverian Brothers is rooted in five values:
- Simplicity is a way of thinking, feeling, and acting to offset the temptation to excessive materialism and consumerism, which can minimize the spiritual values of God’s Kingdom.
- Humility is the recognition of our total dependence on God. Adopting the selfless attitude of Christ, we accept that each person is unique, gifted, and loved in their sinful and graced humanity.
- Compassion is the tenderness of heart which is capable of seeing and hearing the needs of all, near and far.
- Zeal is the joyful and enthusiastic commitment to the mission of the church which God has entrusted to us. We imitate St. Francis Xavier as we give ourselves wholeheartedly to the work of evangelization, in word and deed.
- Trust is total confidence in our God and our brothers and sisters in Christ. It is the meeting place of mind, heart, faith, and courage.
Pursuing excellence in all endeavors
Saint Xavier High School, faithful to its Xaverian heritage, strives to build a Catholic community of faith that calls young men to embrace Gospel values and prepares them to share in the life of God through lives of generous service to the world. We seek to develop the gifts and talents of each student through holistic efforts based in rigorous academics, the arts, competitive athletics, intramurals, extracurricular activities and vibrant campus ministry programs.
As a college preparatory school, St. X admits students of diverse faiths and abilities who demonstrate potential for completing our four-year, liberal arts and sciences curriculum and who desire a Catholic education. Our programs of study challenge students to grow intellectually and to think critically, welcoming students with different learning styles and mild learning differences. Exceptional instruction, guidance and coaching build enduring relationships while helping students to develop leadership skills, self-discipline and the attitudes essential for higher educational success and for becoming confident, capable and responsible stewards in a global society.
Saint Xavier High School is a private, Catholic high school in Louisville, Kentucky, sponsored by the Xaverian Brothers. Serving young men in grades 9-12, Saint Xavier has established itself as a premier academic and athletic power in the region. Located on 54 acres in the heart of Louisville, Saint Xavier is easily accessible from I-64, I-65, I-71, I-265 and I-264.
1609 Poplar Level Road
Louisville, KY 40217