- Oversees the operation of all maintenance and grounds systems and coordinates any necessary repairs.
- Oversees the regular maintenance of all facilities.
- Establishes and maintains accurate inventories of all equipment and materials.
- Plans, manages and controls all operational budgets for housekeeping, maintenance, equipment and grounds.
- Oversees operational and logistical aspects of specific special events.
- Screens, hires, manages and evaluates personnel in the Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments, coordinating necessary work between the two groups.
- Oversees the security of the building and coordinates personnel involved with security.
- Works with the President, VP for Finance, and Plant Committee to plan for plant capital expenditures and ongoing efforts to upgrade and augment all aspects of the campus.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
- College degree required. Preferably in engineering, real estate, or finance.
- Working knowledge in commercial office building or corporate headquarters construction, tenant fit-up and property management
- Institutional maintenance management or commercial property management or real estate management/ development
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in these environments
This position requires a background check and the employee must complete the Safe Environment Training course offered through the Archdiocese of Louisville, The course must be completed within 30 days of employment.
Job Specific Attributes and Skills
- Leadership: Inspire and motivate others to perform well and accept feedback from others, working with integrity and a high level of accountability
- Comprehensive knowledge of facilities
- Judgment: Display willingness to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, and make timely decisions
- Management Skills: Involves staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement; be available to staff; provide regular coaching and performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth
- Safety and Security: Demonstrated focus on safety first
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner as well as skillfully gather, synthesize, and analyze complex or diverse information
- Communication: Speak respectfully, clearly, and persuasively in positive or negative situations, conduct productive meetings, and professional written communication
- Business acumen, knowledge of financials, contracting, and formulating plans, processes, policy, and procedures
- Delegation: Delegate work assignments, give authority to work independently, set expectations, and monitor delegated activities
Working Environment and Conditions
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- This position requires working outside, in an office environment, and throughout the campus
- Nights and weekends periodically required due to scope of responsibility
- Minimum travel may be required
St. X is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. St. X encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Qualified candidates please apply and submit your resume, letter of interest, and three professional references.