Powerlifters led by three-time state champion Matthew Meyer
The Varsity Iron Tiger Powerlifting team placed second at the 2020 Kentucky State Push-Pull Meet on March 7 at North Bullitt High School. The Iron Tigers were led by three-time state champion Matthew Meyer. Additionally, Matthew tied the 114-pound weight class state bench record.
Zach Schultz became a two-time state champion and was honored with the Outstanding Bench for the 114-181-pound weight classes. Within the same weight classes, Andrew Sturgis was named the Outstanding Lifter. In the 198-Super Heavyweight weight classes, Andrew Davis was awarded with the Outstanding Bench award.
The team finished with 18 competitors placing in the top five.
- First Place: Matthew Meyer, Zach Schultz, Andrew Sturgis, Jesse Mora, Paddy Walsh, and Eric Allen
- Second: Jake Williams and Andrew Davis
- Third: JR Calvery
- Fourth: Henry Maupin, Aidan Floyd-Van Meter, Avery Duff, and Charlie Fowler
- Fifth: Leone Couzin, Logan Hardin, Matthew Baker, Aidan Mangan, and Matthew Parsley
Additionally, the JV Iron Tiger Powerlifting team placed second at the 2020 JV Kentucky State Push-Pull Meet. They were led by state champions Cole Riley and Ethan Wheatley.
The team placed 11 competitors in the top five places:
- First Place: Cole Riley and Ethan Wheatley
- Second: Marshall Sheridan, Lukas Balatbat, and Erick Le
- Third: Parker Brumleve and Gary Edlin
- Fourth: Dennon Crain, Ethan McFarland, Kuzey Palmer, and Brandon Dries
- Fifth: Jake Owens and Connor McKenna
Follow @StXTigers on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook