Powerlifters led by two-time state champion Matthew Meyer
Two St. X records were broken en route to the second place finish at the 2019 Kentucky State Push-Pull Meet on March 9 at North Bullitt High School. The Iron Tigers were led by two-time state champion Matthew Meyer. Sophomore Donovan Ford broke a St. X deadlift record at 440 pounds in the 148-pound weight class and junior Andrew Davis set a new a St. X bench record with 325 pounds in the 220-pound weight class.
The team finished with 17 placing in the Top Five.
- First Place: Matthew Meyer
- Second: Matthew Dyar, JR Calvery, Grant Hamilton, Jake Williams, Cam Sams, Andrew Davis, Brendan Petry and Cade Perram
- Third: Jesse Mora, Zach Schultz and Jack Hummel
- Fourth: Camden Horelick and Charlie Fowler
- Fifth: Nathan Ohlmann, Donovan Ford and Griffin Hoffmann
Additionally, the JV Iron Tiger Powerlifting team placed second at the 2019 JV Kentucky State Push-Pull Meet. They were led by state champions Fernando Maggard and Ian Thoben.
The team placed 11 in the Top Five places:
- First Place: Fernando Maggard and Ian Thoben
- Second: Ryan Boyd and Matthew Baker
- Third: Jack Brooks, John Winbigler, Jake Sexton and Ethan Wheatley
- Fourth: Leone Couzin, Parker Routt and Matthew Parsley.
Follow @StXTigers on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
Pictured: Junior Andrew Davis breaking the St. X bench record with 325 pounds in the 220 weight class. Andrew finished second in State.