The Parents’ Association at Saint Xavier High School, which every current parent is a member of, strives to engage all parents and/or guardians of current students in the life of the school by supporting its mission, vision, educational philosophy and activities. Additionally, the Association will aid in the distribution of information on relevant topics for school families, work to grow parent involvement in school events as volunteers and attendees, and support parent to parent and parent to student relationship growth.
A Council of twenty-four members (a diverse group of parents/guardians from each class) shall initially be appointed by the St. X President and the Council’s nominating committee thereafter. Each member will serve a two-year term with a maximum of three terms (as long as they remain a parent of a current student).
Volunteering is a great example for St. X students to see parents and friends serving the school in a special way. Volunteering at St. X requires as little as an hour or two per month, to four to five hours per week. This program is very flexible and is a great way for parents and alumni to become involved in their son's school or their alma mater!
Potential opportunities include but not limited to:
- Walkabout Wednesdays
- Future Tiger Night
- Open House
- Placement Test
- Registration Nights
- Classroom Proctors
- Senior Celebration
Ways to get involved include:
- Phonathon: Parent volunteers are needed to call other parents/alumni for donations to the school's Annual Fund, which supports tuition assistance. The Parent Phonathon is held in November, and all volunteers receive dinner and a St. X promotional item and other opportunities to win prizes. Parent volunteers will also receive 10 FLIKELS for their son!
Sign Up For Parent Phonathon
- Walkabout Wednesdays: Volunteers are needed to help set up chairs and information booklets in the gym before parents arrive, distribute nametags and greet and talk with parents before tour begins. 8:00 am-9:00 am.
- Future Tiger Night (September 21, 2018): Volunteers are needed to help greet families, distribute t-shirts, food tickets and team photo cards and to assist at the photo area.
- Open House (Sunday, November 11, 2018): Volunteers are needed to help with set up the day before and the morning of and to serve as greeters during Open House. Email Kim Mattingly to help.
- Prospective Parent Night for 8th Grade Parents: Email Stacy Long to help.
- Placement Test (Saturday, December 8, 2018): Volunteers are needed to help with sweatshirt distribution and to direct students to cafeteria after test.
- Community Service: Volunteers are needed to help with the Catholic Education Foundation's Salute to the Game Luncheon, scheduled for Thursday, September 27 at the Galt House Hotel and Senior Celebration. Contact Rita Pate to help.
- Freshman Grandparents Day Mass: Volunteers are needed to serve as greeters. The event takes place each year early in September (September 8, 2018). Email Holly Morris for more information.
- Senior Moms Mass & Dinner (Tuesday, April 23, 2019): Volunteers are needed to help set up for the event, serve as greeters and gift bearers and Eucharistic Ministers during Mass. Email Charlotte Stengel for more information.
- Gala Raffle Tickets Sales: Volunteers are needed to help sell Grand Prize Raffle Tickets. The winner will receive $40,000 and the drawing takes place each year at the conclusion of the event (Saturday, February 23, 2019). Email Holly Morris for more information.
- Gala Auction Committee: Volunteers are needed to serve on the Auction Committee to help procure gifts. Email Holly Morris for more information.
- Gala Night Volunteer: Help is needed in the areas of Coat Check, Silent Auction Area and the Volunteer Dinner the night of the event (Saturday, February 23, 2019). Email Holly Morris for more information.
- Classroom Proctors: Volunteers are needed to serve as Classroom Proctors. As a proctor you would take attendance, monitor the class and ensure the students have the work provided by the teacher while they are away on retreat. Contact Gail Ernstberger for more information.
Potential events include but not limited to:
- Welcome to St. X for Freshman Families (PATHS, August 13, 2018)
- Back-to-School Nights (Freshman Parents', Wednesday, August 22 and Upperclassman Parents', Wednesday, August 29
- Prospective Parent Night (Tuesday, November 27, 2018)
- Senior Moms Mass & Dinner (Tuesday, April 23, 2019, Cathedral of the Assumption and The Seelbach Hilton Hotel)
- Father & Son Event
- Socials Gatherings