The Parents’ Association at Saint Xavier High School, which every current parent is a member of, strives to engage all parents and/or guardians of current students in the life of the school by supporting its mission, vision, educational philosophy and activities. Additionally, the Association will aid in the distribution of information on relevant topics for school families, work to grow parent involvement in school events as volunteers and attendees, and support parent to parent and parent to student relationship growth.
Secretary, Jane Russell
Events Planning and Participation, Lisa Thornton
Volunteer Opportunities, Brooke and Kevin '82 Egan,
Community Service and Spiritual Development, Chris and Rachel Schrepferman
Communications, Amy Fears
School Moderator, Holly Morris
Cathy Durik, (Faculty/Staff Appreciation)
Brooke Egan (Placement Test)
Stacy Long (Prospective Parent Night)
Kim Mattingly (Open House)
Nancy Meiers (Senior Moms Mass & Dinner)
Rita Pate (CEF Salute to the Game Luncheon)
Rachel Schrepferman, (Parent Prayer Group and Sophomore Retreat/Prepare and Serve Dinner)
Jen Stobbe, (Walk About Wednesdays)
Volunteering is a great example for St. X students to see parents and friends serving the school in a special way. Volunteering at St. X requires as little as an hour or two per month, to four to five hours per week. This program is very flexible and is a great way for parents to become involved in their son's school.
Potential opportunities include but not limited to
- Phonathon: Parent volunteers are needed to call other parents/alumni for donations to the school's Annual Fund, which supports tuition assistance. The Parent Phonathon is held in November, and all volunteers receive dinner and a St. X promotional item and other opportunities to win prizes. Parent volunteers will also receive 10 FLIKELS for their son!
- Walkabout Wednesdays: Volunteers are needed to help set up chairs and information booklets in the gym before parents arrive, distribute nametags and greet and talk with parents before tour begins. 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Email Jenn Stobbe for more information.
- Future Tiger Night (September 21, 2018): Volunteers are needed to help greet families, distribute t-shirts, food tickets and team photo cards and to assist at the photo area. Email Lauren Masterson or Melissa Masterson for more information.
- Open House (Sunday, November 11, 2018): Volunteers are needed to help with set up the morning of and to serve as greeters during Open House. Email Kim Mattingly to help.
- Prospective Parent Night for 8th Grade Parents: Email Stacy Long for more information.
- Placement Test (Saturday, December 8, 2018): Volunteers are needed to help with sweatshirt distribution and to direct students to cafeteria after test. Email Brooke Egan for more information.
- Community Service: Volunteers are needed to help with the Catholic Education Foundation's Salute to the Game Luncheon, scheduled for Thursday, September 27 at the Galt House Hotel. Email Rita Pate for more information.
- Freshman Grandparents Day Mass (September 8, 2018): Volunteers are needed to serve as greeters. The event takes place each year early in September. Email Holly Morris for more information.
- Senior Moms Mass & Dinner (Tuesday, April 23, 2019): Volunteers are needed to help set up for the event, serve as greeters and gift bearers and Eucharistic Ministers during Mass. Email Nancy Meiers for more information.
- Gala Raffle Tickets Sales: Volunteers are needed to help sell Grand Prize Raffle Tickets. The winner will receive $40,000 and the drawing takes place each year at the conclusion of the event (Saturday, February 23, 2019). Email Holly Morris for more information.
- Gala Auction Committee: Volunteers are needed to serve on the Auction Committee to help procure gifts. Email Holly Morris for more information.
- Gala Night Volunteer (Saturday, February 23, 2019): Help is needed in the areas of Coat Check, Silent Auction Area and the Volunteer Dinner the night of the event. Email Holly Morris for more information.
- Classroom Proctors: Volunteers are needed to serve as Classroom Proctors. As a proctor you would take attendance, monitor the class and ensure the students have the work provided by the teacher while they are away on retreat. Email Gail Ernstberger for more information.
- Sophomore Crossroads Retreat: Volunteers are needed to warm and serve a meal for retreat attendees. Contact Rachel Schrepferman for more information.
- Service Project Chaperone: Volunteers are needed to chaperone students and work side-by-side with them on service outings. Contact Gail Ernstberger for more information.
Potential events include but not limited to:
- Father & Son Cornhole Tournament (Sunday, January 20, 2019)
- Senior Moms Mass & Dinner (Tuesday, April 23, 2019, Cathedral of the Assumption and The Seelbach Hilton Hotel)