Class of 2024 Start of School Checklist
- Physicals and Immunizations
- @stxtigers Email Account
- Apple ID
- PlusPortals Accounts
- Textbooks and Supplies
- Summer Reading
- Student/Parent Handbook Agreement
- Bus Transportation
- FLIK Dining Services
All freshmen must have a completed physical form and immunization certificate on file before school begins. Your primary care physician or clinic can fax these documents to the school office at 502.634.2171. Forms can also be mailed to school Att: Student Services or they can be left in the drop box on campus.
Any freshman who has not already done so should create his St. X email address as soon as possible. The account is already being used for some school communications and it will be vital for receiving classroom specific communications. Directions for creating the email account were sent over the summer from the Admissions Office. Contact Efren Quirino, Director of Information Technology, if you need assistance.
Set up an Apple ID before orientation using the @stxtigers email account. This account will be used to set up the iPad at orientation.
How to set up an Apple ID
- Go to appleid.apple.com
- Select "Create your Apple ID"
- Fill in the requested information, using the @stxtigers email address as the Apple ID
- Log into the @stxtigers email account via Google
- Click "Mail" in the top right of your screen and open the verification email from Apple
- Click the verify link in the email from Apple
- This is ONLY an ID. New students will sign into this account on their iPad during orientation. They can then fill in payment information to make purchases in the App Store.
- Parents – be sure you know your son's Apple ID and Password
- An iTunes gift card could be useful to purchase apps or school books
- Set up Family Sharing
Last month, parents and freshmen received separate emails with instructions to set up PlusPortals accounts. Parent emails were sent to the email address on record. Students received the email at their new @stxtigers account. PlusPortals is used to:
- Access schedules
- View grades and report cards
- Verify attendance and behavioral records
Parents can download the ParentPlus app. When signing in for the first time, use SaintX as the school and then enter the user name and password. Students can download the StudentPlus app after receiving their iPad at orientation.
If you have limited access to a computer, need assistance, or did not receive an email with instructions, contact Efren Quirino.
All students and teachers will use Schoology for the online learning platform. Students can now log-in to their Schoology (https://stxtigers.schoology.com) accounts using their @stxtigers email address and password as the username and password. Once you log-in, confirm that the class schedule matches the class schedule posted in PlusPortals.
Refer to the Schoology Log In Guide for step by step instructions on how to log-in.
Some textbooks are available for purchase from MBSDirect. To access a student's booklist from MBS, click "Let's Get Started" and then enter his student ID number and follow the instructions. Contact MBS at 800-325-3252 if you have any questions or need assistance. Many courses offer online textbooks instead of hardbound books. Details on how to purchase those texts will be given out on the first day of class.
Some Spanish (2211, 2214, 2225, 2221, 2224, 2235, 2234, 2241, 2244, 2941) and French (All French 1 & French 2 classes) textbooks are ready to be ordered. Refer to your schedule in PlusPortals if you do not know the course number and then follow these instructions:
1. Visit Vista Higher Learning
- Students new to Vista Learning must create an account in the student's name using his @stxtigers email address. Students will use this account to redeem the code in class and access online features.
- Students with an existing account should log in with their existing username and password.
2. Select Spanish or French and find the correct course number.
3. Find the package you want to purchase, select Add to Cart and then Check Out. Students will receive the code via email. The teacher will give additional instructions in class on how to redeem the code and join the course.
Many of the math courses at St. X either require or offer an eBook option for the textbook. Refer to your schedule in PlusPortals for your math course number, then review the Mathematics eBooks Payment Information for 2020-2021. If your course number is not listed on the eBooks information page, books should be purchased through MBS.
Students should confirm calculator requirements with their math teacher after the start of school. If you already own a calculator, be sure to register it using the @stxtigers account so it can be returned if placed in Lost and Found.
Each teacher will provide their school supply requirement on the first day of school.
We encourage students to choose from any genre of books, magazines, newspapers, or even how to manuals. While summer reading is optional this year, students who log their reading progress will be included in a raffle to win prizes including St. X swag, gift cards, and a set of Apple AirPods! The more you read means a greater chance to win! Be sure to check out some suggested reading from the Callahan Media Center and Log your progress.
FLIK is working to create a touch free environment. For the 2020-2021 school year, hot and cold food selections will be offered. All items will be prepackaged and handed to students. Cashiers will only accept declining balance payments. Students will scan their student ID to access their accounts.
Cash and checks can be turned into the business office in a sealed envelope that contains the student's name and ID Number. Checks should be made out to FLIK. Payments can also be made by credit card with MySchoolBucks. There is a fee charged for this service.