A letter from Principal Espinosa includes new information regarding the end-of-year events for our senior class. [Read More]
Given Governor Andy Beshear’s recommendation that all Kentucky schools cease in-person classes for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year, Saint Xavier is following the Archdiocese of Louisville's recommendation to do the same.
As of Friday, March 27, 2020, all school offices will be closed due to the Governor’s executive order for non-essential business. Although, members of the leadership team, teachers, and guidance counselors will work remotely throughout this time, and will respond to electronic communications.
Students have received detailed instructions on the Non-Traditional School Day. All campus programs including athletics and extracurricular activities will be canceled until further notice.
Tiger Athletics Information:
Following an announcement by the KHSAA, spring sports have been canceled.
These procedures are necessary to promote the health and well-being of all of us, both students and adults.
Spirit Wear/Award Pick-Up & Uniform Drop-off Plan for Spring Sports
- Coaches will be contacted with the plan for each sport
- At least one coach for each program will be expected to assist in the process
- Janet, Alan, and Denny will be on site along with at least one coach from each program.
- Cars will be directed to the back (senior) parking lot at the T intersection. The queue will follow the first straight lane toward the practice field, turn left at the end and then take the second left to drive past the front of the Wills Center. Each car will be stopped at the entrance to the circle. Radio communication will let Athletic personnel in the sore lobby know who is in each vehicle.
- More than 50 cars can be in line in the back parking lot. This should be many more than are necessary.
- The cars will proceed one at a time to stop at the Campus Store/Athletic Department entrance where one person will walk to a table set up under the athletic tent to grab a bag, return to their vehicle, and exit around the circle to leave the property.
- As one car leaves the next car will pull forward.
Spirit wear/Award Pick-up & Uniform Return Schedule:
May 8th – 10:00 – 3:00 PM
- Basketball pick-up should be made between 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM
- Tennis pick-up should be made between 11:00 AM and 11:45 AM
- Volleyball pick-up should be made between 11:45 AM and 12:30 PM
- Lacrosse pick-up should be made between 12:30 PM and 2:00 PM
- From 2:00 PM until 3:00 PM pick-up may be made by anyone who could not make the scheduled time above
May 11th – 1:00 – 5:00 PM
- Powerlifting pick up should be made between 1:00 PM and 2:15 PM
- Archery pick-up should be made between 2:15 PM and 3:00 PM
- Baseball pick-up should be made between 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM
- From 4:00 PM until 5:00 PM pick-up may be made by anyone who could not make the scheduled time above
May 12th – 1:00 – 5:00 PM
- Bass Fishing pick up should be made between 1:00 PM and 1:45 PM
- Rugby pick-up should be made between 1:45 PM and 2:30 PM
- Track pick-up should be made between 2:30 PM and 3:30 PM
- From 3:30 PM until 5:00 PM pick-up may be made by anyone who could not make the scheduled time above
Senior Night Celebration for Spring Sports
This is what we would like to do for the spring sports:
- Create a drive in senior opportunity on several night beginning on May 12th
- All Campus Athletic venues will turn on their lights at 8:20 PM (20:20) each night that ceremonies are held.
- Vehicles containing senior family members would be permitted to drive onto campus at 7:50 PM each night. The vehicles would park in a designated location. Coaches would assist in identification of seniors and families.
- A brief welcome will be read over a portable PA system.
- Lights come on at 8:20 PM.
- We would create a photo op location for each senior family who chooses to participate. Each family would have an opportunity to leave the vehicle for a photo op, then return to the vehicle. The next family would follow when each family completes the photo op.
- When all seniors have had their opportunity, vehicles will leave the parking lot
- Security will be on site to assist with parking and maintaining appropriate social distancing
- We would look to have several evenings beginning on May 11th
- Monday, May 11 – Rugby
- Tuesday, May 12 – Baseball, Tennis, and Track
- Wednesday, May 13 – Bass Fishing and Lacrosse
- Thursday, May 14 – Powerlifting and Volleyball