Cheer tryouts will be set as soon as we have approval from KHSAA.
Soccer - Freshman
Saint Xavier High School
Freshman Soccer Team
Soccer Through the Years
- Since its inception in 1969, the Tiger Soccer program has demonstrated excellence both on the field and in the classroom. Throughout its 45 years of existence, the players and coaches have created a legacy of success that is unsurpassed in Kentucky and has been recognized on the national scene for both its performance and academic accomplishments.
- Brother David Freely coached the Tigers to their first title in 1969 prior to the sport becoming sanctioned by the Kentucky High School Athletic Association.
- In 1972 and 1973 the soccer teams captured back-to-back state championships under the direction of Brother Johan Gegner. These were the first two years of play sanctioned by the KHSAA.
- Coach Mark Saurer led the Tigers to another title in the fall of 1981 during a time that the KHSAA sanctioned championship was held in the spring.
- The Tigers have won nine of the 19 titles awarded by the KHSAA since 1994.
- Coach Rick Blair '66 led the team to titles in 1994 and 1997.
- Coach Andy Schulten's Tiger Soccer teams have captured nine of 17 championships awarded in the 21st century.
- St. X teams have 14 total titles, 12 sanctioned by the KHSAA. These titles are spread through every decade since the first one in 1969.
- The 2012 team earned a #3 national ranking as it won a second consecutive state crown and extended the program's unbeaten streak to 55 matches.
- Three St. X players have been named Kentucky's Mr. Soccer since 2000: Ray Burse (2001), Kevin Bick (2007 and 2008) and Kaelon Fox (2012).
- The Tigers have earned Academic All-American Team status in seven of the past 12 seasons (2002, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2013).
- Eighteen members from the past three seasons have signed to play soccer at the collegiate level, including five from 2012, nine from 2013 and four from 2014.
- In 2017 St. X did not have a Division I prospect in its senior class but used a philosophy of wearing down opponents to capture its record 13th state title and the ninth title under Coach Andy Schulten. The Tigers defeated Daviess County 3-0 to finish with a 23-3-2 record, including an undefeated mark (21-0-1) against Kentucky competition. Junior Conner George and senior Bennett Moorman made the All-Tournament team, with Conner selected as the tournament MVP.
- In 2018 the Tigers posted a 26-2-1 record and secured back-to-back titles as they won the 16th overall KHSAA championship for the program. Led by National Player of the Year, senior Case Cox, the team defeated Fort Thomas Highlands in the championship game 1-0. For the year, Cox tallied 24 goals and was also named First Team All-State. Conner George was also named First Team All-State, while Max Gordinier was named Second Team and goalie Dolan Dugan achieved Honorable Mention status. Wyatt Goodin was named MVP of the state championship game.