"...falling in love with the service of God."
- Xaverian Brothers Mission
• Emphasis on serving the marginalized in our community, the poor and most vulnerable
• Freshman Service (minimum 6 hours) - begins August 19 - Freshmen will be assigned a MobileServe account in theology class.
• Sophomore Service (minimum 12 hours)
• Junior Service (minimum 24 hours)
• Students complete a minimum of 42 hours of service over their four years with an average of over 80 hours.
• The student MobileServe.com account is used to find service events and record volunteer/service hours.
Juniors who complete 20 hours of service and Sophomores who complete 10 hours of service before August 14, 2022 will not be required to complete additional service during the school year. See the links for Sophomore and Junior Service for more detail.
Summer and long term service opportunites
Major annual service projects
• Dare to Care food drives and distribution (Tigers Care)
• Project Warm
• Gethsemani, caring for nature
More places we serve ...
Ryken Service Club (RSC)
The club provides opportunities for students to serve the community by participating in a variety of service projects throughout the school year. Through numerous projects, our students are living out the true mission of the Xaverian Brothers by "falling in love with the service of God." RSCalso sponsors the St. Joseph of Arimathea Society, a group who attends burials for poor and indigent members of the Louisville community.