Dear Parents and Students,
I hope this correspondence finds you safe and healthy. The purpose of this communication is to share some information regarding end-of-year events scheduled for May 2020.
In accordance with Governor Beshear’s recent decision to keep all Kentucky school buildings closed for the remainder of this school year, Saint Xavier High School will remain closed to all students, faculty, and staff.
After much discernment, we have decided to do the following:
- Saint Xavier will continue its non-traditional, remote instruction through the remainder of the school year.
- All underclassmen final exams will be waived for this school year.
- For full-year courses, the grade will be calculated using all four quarters and the midterm only; grades for second semester courses will be calculated using the third and fourth quarter averages.
- The 2019-2020 school year will conclude on Friday, May 15, 2020 for students who have met all the requirements and are passing their courses.
- Students who have NOT met the requirements and/or are failing a course or courses will be required to meet with their teachers through Thursday, May 28, 2020. While the purpose of these extended days is to provide students with additional time and support, participation in these extended days does not guarantee a passing grade. Students in this situation must complete all course requirements according to instructions from their classroom teacher(s).
- All underclassmen events will be canceled for the remainder of the school year.
It truly saddens me to have to communicate this information, but please know your safety and well-being are paramount during these uncertain times. I hope students will take this time to stay focused and finish strong. I thank you for your trust and patience during these extraordinary times; your health and safety continue to be our priority and a daily focus for my prayers.
Francisco M. Espinosa, Jr.