Dear Parents and Senior students,
The purpose of this letter is to share information regarding end-of-year events for our senior students. In accordance with Governor Beshear’s order, Saint Xavier will remain closed and will comply with the guidelines for gathering. While we would like to postpone all senior events and celebrate later, unfortunately some events will have to be canceled or conducted virtually. As you know, there are many variables that play into these decisions, and some aspects will be out of our control.
Therefore, we have made the following adjustments:
- Senior Celebration event is canceled. We are exploring other virtual possibilities but cannot guarantee this event will take place.
- Senior exams have been waived.
- Baccalaureate Mass will be conducted virtually. (This is currently tentative. We are working to secure a church and priest for this mass.)
- Senior Awards ceremony is canceled. We will create a video acknowledging the award winners, and students’ awards will be distributed at a later date.
- Graduation rehearsal is canceled.
- Graduation ceremony is postponed. Below are three possible dates, and our current plan is to have an in-person graduation on one of these days. While we do not have all the details at this time, we will provide, in greater detail, essential information closer to the actual date.
- Saturday, August 1, 2020 (new graduation date)
- Saturday, November 28, 2020 (1st contingency date)
- Saturday, December 19, 2020 (2nd contingency date)
As you are aware, our current situation continues to be filled with so many unknowns, but I encourage you to remain patient and hopeful. We will continue to send updates as situations warrant a formal communication. Our goal is to send you well-thought, concise, and appropriate information rather than to send untimely and/or inaccurate communications that might require corrections or alterations later.
Lastly, I continue to pray for you and your family. While our days may be filled with copious levels of concern, I hope there are silver linings in the times you have been able to spend with your family and loved ones.
Francisco M. Espinosa, Jr.