- All seating is general admission, first come-first served in sections 1-11, sections 21-24, and sections 28-31
- Gates 2, 4, and 9 will be open for entry at Kroger Field
- Upon entry, fans will access their mobile tickets through their GoFan account. Gate staff will then "redeem" the ticket(s) manually
- Any tickets redeemed prior to arriving at the entrance will not be eligible for entry
- Ticket resolution centers will be in the help huts nearest Gates 4 and 9
- Concessions and restrooms will be available on the lower level concourse. Upper level concourse access will be restricted
- Kroger Field lots are open to fans on gameday beginning one hour prior to the first game of each day
- One space - one vehicle
- Spaces are available on a first come, first served basis
- No alcoholic containers are permitted at Kroger Field
- Banners and signage recognizing businesses may not be posted on Kroger Field property unless approved by UK Athletics
- View a map of all parking options for Friday and Saturday
Entering the Venue
- Kroger Field policies require the use of a Clear Bag for anything coming into the stadium.
- No bags should be brought into the stadium unless compliance with the clear-bag requirement
- Medical bags only permitted through special admissions entry
- Arrive early
- Limit time spent on the concourse – reduce loitering or congregating
- Utilize hand sanitizer and wash hands as frequently as possible
- Plan to use credit cards, no cash
St. X will appear in only its second Class 6A State Championship game since the Tigers last won a title in 2009. St. X lost the 2017 title game to Trinity, 38-21. Saturday will be the first time that Male and St. X will meet in a state championship game. The two schools have spent significant time in the same district and region, so it has been impossible in most seasons for them to both reach the finals. Male defeated St. X in the regional final in 2018 and 2019, the last two seasons prior to RPI matchups determining opponents from round three and beyond. The Tigers have not beaten the Bulldogs since the 2018 regular-season matchup.
|Saint Xavier Tigers||Male Bulldogs|
|Shutouts this Year:||2||5|
|Biggest Margin of Victory:||48||49|
- This is the second time this season that St. X will play against Male. The Bulldogs won the 2021 regular-season matchup, 28-21.
- St. X last appeared in the title game in 2017 under Coach Wolford
- This will mark the first time the two schools have faced off against each other in the state championship
Kevin Wallace has moved into 6th place on the KHSAA career wins list. Wallace has spent time at three schools in his career and has a career record of 335-115. Former St. X Head Coach, Mike Glaser is fifth on the career wins list with 336. Wallace has a 71-19 career playoff record. Wallace is 5-3 in his eight previous state championship appearances. The five state championships tie Wallace for 10th in the KHSAA records. Wallace also participated in two other championship games as an assistant coach (1-1).
Here are the state finals contests in Wallace’s history:
- 1994 Old Cardinal Stadium. AAA Final, Covington Catholic 24 Bowling Green 21 (BGHS Assistant)
- 1995 Old Cardinal Stadium, AAA Final, Bowling Green 28 Highlands 12 (BGHS Assistant)
- 2005 Cardinal Stadium, AAA Final, Lexington Catholic 49 Bowling Green 21 (BGHS Head Coach)
- 2006 Cardinal Stadium, AAA Final, Covington Cathoic 27 Bowling Green 8 (BGHS Head Coach)
- 2007 Cardinal Stadium 5A Final, Highlands 28 Bowling Green 7 (BGHS Head Coach)
- 2011 Houchens-Smith Stadium. 5A Final, Bowling Green 55 Anderson Co. 3 (BGHS Head Coach)
- 2012 Houchens-Smith Stadium, 5A Final, Bowling Green 34 Cooper 20 (BGHS Head Coach)
- 2013 Houchens-Smith Stadium, 5A Final, Bowling Green 49 Pulaski County 14 (BGHS Head Coach)
- 2015 Houchens-Smith Stadium, 5A Final, Bowling Green 21 Pulaski County 7 (BGHS Head Coach)
- 2016 Houchens-Smith Stadium, 5A Final, Bowling Green 70 Pulaski County 22 (BGHS Head Coach)
Go Tigers! Take State! #BeatMale
Follow the school's social media channels: @StXTigers on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.